Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A B C...


... According to me.
A. Age: my fingers don't want to type this... surely that's not my age.. its my mothers age.. or even my grandmothers... can't be mine.. surely not!
B. Bed size: Queen. but I sleep on the very edge of the right hand side - close enough to the edge to dangle one foot out of bed... its sort of a thermometer..do you know what I mean?
C. Chore that you hate: Making beds.. running from one side to the other... but then they look so lovely all made up... I love that look of cosiness.
D. Dogs: I had a Maltese named Daisy :) sooo beautiful.. but now I have a c-a-t.
E. Essential start to your day" My shower... the day just doesn't flow if this doesn't happen...
F. Favorite colour: Well, it was lavender, however, I am turning to pink ..and of course white... and I love the pale blue and red combination..ohhhhh do I really have to choose...??? I can't help but wonder how bloggers pick a color and stick to a theme... I am sure I have it worked out.. then I see mint green..or pale blue... sigh.....
G. Gold or silver: Gold
H. Height: 5'8and a half"... I love being tall :)
I. Instruments you play: Piano... and I sing... this is a huge family interest.
J. Job title: Counsellor. I love my job!
K. Kids: 3 daughters... then the next layer... one granddaughter and two grandsons.
L. Live: Australia! Between the ocean and the mountains. On the beautiful eastern coastline. Golden beaches...the Pacific ocean... lush green mountains... the Australian bush... rustic old farm houses.. modern beach mansions... shopping plazas... its all here!
M. Mother's name: Dorothy Lillian. Beautiful name. Beautiful lady.
N. Nicknames: Never had a nickname till later years... (if you don't count the family pet name). One sister couldn't pronounce Marilyn so called me Mayma..or Mame (still does)... but nicknames... came later... Maz... Mazza.... Mazzabindi :)
O. Overnight hospital stays: In November for one week. At Port Macquarie.
P. Pet peeve: People that use the term 'whatever' grrrrrrrr!
Q. Quote from a movie: You had me at 'hello
R. Right or left handed: Right
S. Siblings. 6 sisters.
T. Time you wake up: Between 5 or 6 am.
U. Underwear: Not ready to change from pink and frilly to Hestia yet :)
V. Vegetable you hate: Unwillingness to try legumes.
W. What makes you run late: Daughters applying layer after layer of makeup :)
X. X-Rays you have had: Knee (when I slipped) Kidney stone...ughh!
Y. Yummy food that you make: A lovely Dianne sauce... or my Beef Strog served with macaroni cheese!
Z. Zoo animal. Giraffe.

25 comments:

misteejay said...

I am soooooooo with you on "C". Making beds is such a chore but it is something that has to be done 'right' - no "that'll do" - and it is worth it to get into a lovely made bed.

Toni :o)

orchid0324 said...

Hello, Nice to see you!!!

Thank you very much for your lovely comment in my post.

This post of yours gave me good information about you♪♪♪
My city has a sister-city in your country (New Castle) and I have marvelous memories with people in that city as a kind of volunteer interpreter.
I'd really appreciated if you become my follower.

Sincerely, Orchid.

orchid0324 said...

Wow, I got your message♪♪♪

Lovely to be friends and looking forward to read you post!!!

Hugs, Orchid.

orchid0324 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
♥ Miss Tea said...

awww your mother's name is beautiful! i too cant start a day without having a shower first! i cant pick fave colors too! thanks for sharing :)

♥ Miss Tea said...

i too have probs with choosing fave color so i thrown in everything in the same place, result? a mess, well cute mess anyway to me, hubby disagrees haha..nice to know a little bit about u in the ABC, im so with u as well on making the bed plus housechores which i was doing, hate it alot but when im finished, i love it :)

Natasha in Oz said...

That was fun! I too sleep with one foot hanging out of the bed! Isn't that funny!!

Thanks so much for dropping before. It was so lovely to hear from you.

Regarding pinterest, send me an email with your email address and I will send you an invite. That normally works quite quickly.

Take care and best wishes for a lovely week.
Natasha.

♥ Miss Tea said...

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for the birthday wishes! have a wonderful day! x susan

Alice said...

Hello! Thank-you for your kind words and advice, it is always appreciated. Lovely to find you too.
I have always been naturally shy from a young age, I have grown to accept it over the years. I just hope over time, with age and with the responsibility that life brings I will come out of myself a little bit more.
I agree Dorothy Lillian is a beautiful name xxx

Betsy said...

I'm with you--I have so many color combinations that I love. And I'm envious of your beautiful location! This was a fun post. Thanks for commenting on my blog!

♥ Miss Tea said...

hi hun! wishing you a great weekend! i know it's hard to find the right camera but i wish i had a lot of money to buy a proper photographer one instead of a pocket camera but i'm still loving it coz the thing is, i just love taking pics and eventhough i took crap potos, the next thing i love is free photo editor online so i can change my crappy pics into nice ones with effects :)

xx susan

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Marilyn,

How are you doing lady? Miss you and since you didn't post anymore, I'm worried about you.
Just sending you some love from the other side of the world.
Mariette

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

How fun was that!!
I'm a foot dangler too ;-)))
Cheers,
Lynn

♥ Miss Tea said...

hi!! it's been awhile! how have you been?? i've been away for a long holiday back in my hometown and just got back a few weeks ago! im back to the wet and gloomy england now...hope at your end is much more brighter!

x susan

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Marilyn,
Hope life is bearable for you.
Sending you lots of love,
Mariette

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Marilyn,
So good to read a comment from you! Thanks for your visit and wishing you well. I hope I can escape the need for steroids again... My blood work was not good. On the 20th again, let's hope I make it without medication as I loved the one year off.
Hugs to you,
Mariette

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Marilyn,
Sending you some hugs and well wishes!
Mariette

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Marilyn,
Sending you hugs and sunshine and know that I was thinking about you.
Mariette

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Marilyn,
Thank you for your visit and wishing you a Happy New Year's Eve and a good start for 2015 in good health!
Hugs,
Mariette

Marilyn said...

Thank you dear friend. Happy and healthy New Year to you too. Marilyn

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Marilyn,
So happy to find your comment on my blog post! Hope you are okay.
Lost my Mom on January 27 and this 1st Mother's Day was kind of tough... for many reasons!
Sending you hugs and best wishes always.
Mariette

Marilyn said...

Dearest Mariette... I am so sorry to hear about your Mom, Mothers Day must have been very hard for you. I love looking at your posts and hope one day to get back to posting myself.
Marilyn

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

This is so darn cute Marilyn! Loved reading it. I sleep just like that. :) Growing up my bedroom was lavender and I loved it. Now I just use touches of it for springs. Can't resist those gorgeous lilacs! Speaking of that, your header is beautiful!! Your Australia sounds gorgeous!! Our daughter just returned last June from spending a lot of time there. Hubby and I have never been, but hope to someday!
hugs,
Jann

Marilyn said...

Nice to hear from you Jann. Looks lovely where you are. My daughter lives in PA and I have never been there but guess it is on the cards for one day. lol.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Marilyn,
Hoping you're well!
Sending you big hugs,
Mariette