This award I got from my lovely friend Monica over at Monicas English Version (see my side bar).
And this one comes with a little job!
I’ll have to list 10 honest things about ME…
We know the usual...so I will try to think of some unusual things that are true for me.
1. I always had an ambition to finish school...so at 44 I went back to education! I finished school then went on to graduate from University just weeks after my 50th birthday.
2. I have a daughter who is a singer. She trained at the Conservatorium here in Australia, she trained classically but sings any genre. She is billed in the USA as an international performer.
3. I work in a hospital. I am a Social Scientist. I work in an Opioid Dependency Unit. I also do general counselling or psychology work privately.
4. I am interested in brain function, phobias and addictions. (weird huh?) I love to study people and how and why they function as they do.
5. I collect cook books. The ones from churches or schools etc. I especially love the ones that have contrubutors names or anything personal from some other cook.
6. I don't like to travel (its an agoraphobic thing-not the type that I cant leave the house... just don't travel too far from home).
7. I live very simply. A lot of the work I do is for the love of it. The people that I want to reach can't afford me or the services that I represent... so.... a lot of my work is free.. which means I live frugally.
8. I get excited about the small things. Often when I look back..they were the BIG things.
9. I love children.
10. I am motherly, and I like what that creates. I 'mother' most people that I meet and that is like a trademark with me. I dont want any of my wrinkles removed.. I dye my hair but leave some gray showing... I like being a Nanna to my grandkids..and any other kids that need a Nanna, and one of the nicest things ever said to me was from my youngest daughter... "You have one of those faces that if you were lost in a big city you would go up to you for help because that would feel safe"..lol.
Now I am passing this on to 6 friends
Pip at Rest Is Not Idleness
Julie at Whimsical Notions
Tania at Out Back
Lucinda at Hume Cottage
Jen from Jens Chronicles
Anne at Annies Cottage
These are all Australian girls and I chose them to give some of our international friends a chance to look up some Australian blogs that they just might not stumble across so easily. They can all be found on my sidebar.
I am an Australian grandmother of five beautiful children. Mother of three gorgeous daughters. I now live alone, and my hobbys include studying anything shabby chic in magazines, blogs, ebay.
My mission is to redo my old house and turn it into something that brings me pleasure and makes me happy to live in it. A big challenge, and I have started the journey. I have worked my way steadily on this, and have made some great changes. My latest passion is gardening.